The following opportunity is for an innovative Nutritional Scientist to join Monaghan Biosciences.
- To manage research projects relating to the nutritional enhancement of mushrooms
- To design experiments and analyse data
- To manage research into health benefits of mushrooms
- Keep track of changes in relation to Nutrition and Health Claim legislation and maximise any benefits from this legislation
- To get new products or processes approved by governing authorities
- A MSc or PhD in Food Science or Nutritional Sciences
- 2-3 years post graduate experience in food research specialising in the nutritional aspects of fruit or vegetables
- A working knowledge of Nutrition and Health Claim legislation
- Knowledge of mushroom science and their nutrition and quality aspects
- Fluent in English both orally and verbally
- Experience in preparing dossiers of information for health authorities
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a larger multi-disciplinary research team.
- Must be motivated and organized.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Please note Morgan McKinley have been retained for this assignment and therefore all direct applicants will be directed to Carina Shortall.