Screening and identification of promising enzymes for a number of potential applications. Recombinant protein production, purification and characterization of enzyme candidates. Kinetic analysis of enzyme-catalyzed reactions. Targeted structural and functional enzyme engineering.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Enzymology, or Microbiology.
- Experience with the cloning and expression of genes in fungal material
- Experience of working with enzymes for biofuel applications
- 3+ years post-graduate and/or industrial experience in enzymology and/or protein engineering research.
- Strong protein chemistry background and a solid understanding of protein structure and functional relationships.
- Proficient in recombinant protein production and in strategies to purify enzymes, design assays and assess their kinetic properties.
- A background in protein engineering research, enzyme library construction and screening is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a larger multi-disciplinary research team.
- Must be motivated, organized and fluent in English both orally and verbally.
- Experience with team management and supervision is essential.