Management of all research staff in the areas of Processing, Molecular Biology and Enzymology. Screening and identification of promising enzymes for the construction of metabolic pathways. Recombinant protein production, purification and characterization of enzyme candidates. Kinetic analysis of enzyme-catalyzed reactions. Targeted structural and functional enzyme engineering.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Enzymology, or Microbiology.
- Experience with the cloning of genes in fungal material
- Experience of working with enzymes for biofuel applications
- 5+ years post-graduate and/or industrial experience in enzymology and/or protein engineering research.
- Strong protein chemistry background and a solid understanding of protein structure and function relationships.
- Proficient in recombinant protein production and in strategies to purify enzymes, design assays and assess their kinetic properties.
- A background in protein engineering research, enzyme library construction and screening is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a larger multi-disciplinary research team.
- Must be motivated and organized.
- Experience with the management of a multi-disciplinary research team
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience